Ann Arbor, MI
MC3 Cardiopulmonary is dedicated to developing and manufacturing innovative and effective new extracorporeal life support (ECLS) technologies that will be used to treat severe heart and lung failure. We have experienced high growth over the past few years and have a state-of-the-art production facility and have launched several successful products. This growth is expected to continue as we seek to become the ECLS market leader.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for maintaining the testing laboratory, including assuring safety, organization, supplies inventory, operation and calibration of equipment and instruments. The Laboratory Technician supports many different testing needs for the company. The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for detailed protocol execution as well as clear and effective data collection.
- Laboratory and equipment maintenance: Responsible for maintaining the Wet and Engineering laboratory projects, including equipment maintenance and calibration. Assists with general laboratory maintenance, including waste handling, ordering equipment and supplies, as well as laboratory cleanup and safety.
- Laboratory testing: Conducts experiments and executes complex methods for engineering confidence testing, design verification/validation, complaint handling, manufacturing support and for regulatory submissions.
- Documentation: Follows protocols and processes as required by company procedures and/or customer contracts. Collects and organizes data and technical documents, including laboratory notebooks, data sheets and electronic records. Completes all documentation practices by adhering to the MC3 Quality Policy.
- Communication/service oriented: Must work with other lab staff/departments and communicate effectively. Willing to take on new methods and tasks as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree and at least 1 year experience as a laboratory technician in medical device business or related field.
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation, data analysis and technical record-keeping and reporting.
- Experience with hands-on testing.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both in written and oral form to a technical audience.
- Strong ability to both respond to and give specific instructions.
- Ability to work independently and well within a technical team.
- Computer software skills.
- Troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills.
- Willing to work in a cleanroom setting.
- Willing to work with animal blood and potentially biohazardous materials (MC3 will provide proper PPE).
- Experience with verification & validation testing spanning the entire product lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Principles and Good Documentation Practices.
- The position requires handling of biological samples. Experience with benchtop blood testing is preferred.
- Engineering or wet laboratory experience is preferred.
- Frequently moves lab equipment weighing up to 30 lbs. or more for various testing needs
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time
- Occasional extended work hours depending on project need
- Must be able to detect fine details when reviewing product
Download the PDF file for position responsibilities and qualifications
Send replies to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Laboratory Technician" in the subject line.