Ann Arbor, MI
MC3 Cardiopulmonary is dedicated to developing and manufacturing innovative and effective new extracorporeal life support (ECLS) technologies that will be used to treat severe heart and lung failure. We have experienced high growth over the past few years and have a state-of-the-art production facility and have launched several successful products. This growth is expected to continue as we seek to become the ECLS market leader.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for maintaining the testing and engineering laboratories, including assuring safety, organization, supplies inventory, and operation and calibration of equipment and instruments. The Laboratory Manager supports all testing needs of the Company.
Following are the top responsibilities of the position. This list is meant to highlight priorities and is not intended as a complete list of responsibilities.
- Laboratory supervision: supervision of lab technicians; planning, scheduling and overseeing product verification/validation testing; planning, scheduling and overseeing validations of test methods, and qualifications of test equipment and/or software.
- Laboratory maintenance: coordinate the use of laboratory space and equipment, including assurance of appropriate and safe use of space and equipment and good housekeeping practices; provide input on new equipment selection; oversee maintenance of all test lab SOPs, and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Laboratory safety: responsible for overseeing maintenance of chemical inventory, the safety plan, and for conducting safety inspections of the laboratory.
- Engineering testing: participates in the design and assembly of test fixtures/stations and test procedures, and assures completion of experiments for engineering confidence testing, design verification/validation, and for regulatory submissions, including data collection.
- Documentation: preparation of reports and organization of data and technical documents, including laboratory notebooks and electronic records. Documentation must adhere to the MC3 Quality Policy.
- General technical support: provide updates on testing progress to other staff as required; coordinate work with other departments and external laboratories as required.
- B.S. degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.At least 2 years relevant job experience.
- Knowledge of experiment design, statistics, laboratory instrumentation, broad computer skills, data analysis, technical record-keeping and reporting, and hands-on testing abilities.
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional project team.
- Strong organization and analytical skills with the ability to multitask and troubleshoot.
- Verification & Validation experience spanning the entire product lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills, both in written and oral form to a broad audience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated desire to advance in skills, understanding of the business, and profession
- Eperience with benchtop blood testing.
- Working experience in National Instruments software (i.e. Labview), and other programming languages and tools utilized in test equipment development.
Download the PDF file for position responsibilities and qualifications
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
with “Laboratory Manager” in the subject line.