Human Resources Manager
Ann Arbor, MI
The HR Manager engages with MC3 team members to create a work environment where individuals are supported by the Company and their colleagues in a way that encourages work excellence, personal respect and growth, and motivation to pursue the Company mission. As an HR generalist expert, this position is responsible for developing progressive policies and practices, and employee services, such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, training and employee-management relations. This is a hands-on position managing all HR areas including:
- Consulting and communicating with employees and managers; initiating effective verbal and written staff communications, policies & procedures; proactively identifying potential issues and resolving problems.
- Recruiting and onboarding activities for new hires including supervisor training in the interviewing process.
- Facilitating effective performance management for manufacturing, administrative and professional staff.
- Payroll and payroll tax processing for staff (approx. 85 employees).
- Administering employee benefit plans and managing relationships with insurance vendors; managing compliance across the range of human resources responsibilities.
Qualifications for the successful candidate include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 7 years’ relevant hands-on experience in a human resource position along with continuous professional development in HR, Organizational Development or related areas.
- Team building and leadership skills.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying priorities and complexities.
- Strong skills in employee and manager relationship development, strategy development and problem solving.
- Exceptional communication skills – one-on-one, making presentations to staff and composing effective written communications.
Download the PDF file for position responsibilities and qualifications
In addition to a rewarding opportunity, MC3 offers a competitive compensation and benefits lineup that includes: health, dental, vision, life & disability insurances; paid time off, company match for retirement savings, and more.
For consideration, please apply with a cover letter, include your salary expectations and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, no recruiters, please.